Friday, September 28, 2012

Potato rolls

I forgot that I hadn't posted the recipe for these rolls since I first mentioned them in this post about my first gluten-free Thanksgiving. Now that fall is on it's way in, I figured I'd better get going with this one, just in case any of you want to include them in your upcoming Thanksgiving meal (or any meal, for that matter!). I made them this week to go with this tomato basil soup, which is one of my favorites. Perfect for chilly nights...

Potato Rolls
My dad originally got this post from www.food.com. The only thing I changed was using coconut oil instead of shortening.

4 T. coconut oil
3 T. honey
2 eggs
1 pkg. yeast (about 1 T.)
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. potato starch
1 c. cornstarch
1/2 t. baking soda
1 T. baking powder
2 t. xanthan gum
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients; mix well to remove all lumps. Spoon about 1/4 c. of dough into greased muffin tin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment