Monday, August 27, 2012

Fresh Basil Pesto

This week, when I realized I hadn't posted a recipe in over a week and a half, I had every intention of experimenting in the kitchen, and sharing an at least slightly complicated recipe with you--and proceed on wowing you with my expertise :)

However, when Saturday hit, I decided to do just the opposite. I did do some experimenting in the kitchen, yes. But I was more in the mood to slow down. Turn off the computer. Read a book. Maybe pull out a cookbook. But sometimes my time on the computer, and even on the blog (okay, especially on the blog) seems to drain away my hours.

So I unplugged.

And when I made zucchini noodles topped with this yummy basil pesto, I just sat there and savored it, soaking in the quiet of my house. That's what I needed.

So if I seem to not post as often as usual, it's probably because I needed to unplug and slow down time, and be intentional about enjoying the moment. Maybe you need it sometimes, too :)

Fresh Basil Pesto

2 c. fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. pine nuts or walnuts, chopped
3 medium-sized garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Combine basil with pine nuts. Pulse a few times in food processor. Add garlic; pulse.
Slowly add olive oil in a constant stream while the processor is on. Stop to scrape the sides with a spatula.
Add grated cheese and pulse until blended. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 1 cup.
Shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Allergy-Free Wednesdays


No comments:

Post a Comment