Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cherry Berry "Cereal"

Happy Saturday!

I've enjoyed this Paleo "cereal" so much, that one day I decided to make a different version of it: I call it Cherry Berry Cereal :)

I've recently become addicted to dark sweet cherries (I used frozen ones here; they're already pitted!), and wanted to use them in this cereal. I kept it very basic...I just use mixed berries and dark sweet cherries, that come in the bags from the frozen section at the grocery store. Allow to thaw for a few minutes, cut the cherries in half, add the rest of the ingredients, and voila!

Again, no exact measurements, about a handful of each, except the coconut sugar is about 1 T., or a full-fingered pinch.

Dark sweet cherry halves + small mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) + chopped walnuts + slivered almonds + coconut sugar + almond milk = a wonderful Cherry Berry "cereal"!

No comments:

Post a Comment