Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something I never thought I'd say....

I like kale chips.

Before this month, I had never eaten kale. My mom (the adventurous-eater type) told me she wanted to try to make kale chips, and she knew that I would help her eat them. So we tried them.


#1- They are super quick and easy to make.
#2- Kale is full of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins A, K, and C.
#3- They taste really good! Kale has a unique taste that really comes out when it is put in the oven. This may be the only way I'll eat kale...haven't tried it raw yet. But, hey, you've got to start somewhere!

How to make Kale Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash a head of kale, and chop or tear the leaves into 2" pieces. (I apologize for the small pictures; it was taken with a camera phone)

Spray two cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray, and lay the leaves (spread out) in a single layer. Spray the kale with olive oil again, and sprinkle on some sea salt.

Bake the kale until crispy, but not burnt, about 10 minutes.
Try not to eat it all at once.... ;)

This post was shared as part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment