Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mid-Week Stir Fry - Quick and Easy

Simple versions of stir-fry veggies have been my go-to meal for the last week or so. I thought I'd share with you my favorite mixture so far.
Sorry for the poor picture quality; I was taking the pics with my phone, because my camera is out of batteries.

I recently found these rice noodles; it's like the GF version of ramen noodles! Super quick and easy to make and add to recipes. This recipe serves just 2 (I only used part of the package of noodles), but you can easily fit this to make however many servings you need...Really, it's just throwing in handfuls of this, and a pinch of that!

Quick and Easy Stir Fry

Divide out 2.5 oz of dry rice stick noodles.
Pour hot water over noodles in sm. saucepan and let sit for 10 min. (I heat up kettle)

Add a little olive oil to med-heat pan, then toss in 1-2 garlic cloves (if raw, mince them; if you use roasted garlic, roughly chop).
Saute for a few minutes in the pan. Then add:
2 oz. (about 1/2 c.) pre-cooked chicken (I used a brand that is fajita seasoned, but says GF right on the pkg.)
1 can of water chestnuts, drained (These pics were taken without the water chestnuts, because I happened to be out, but they definitely make it! So don't forget them!)
2 oz. (a handful) sugar snap peas
2 oz. baby carrots
2.5 oz (about 1/4 c.) San-J Tamari sauce
Sprinkle ginger, cumin, a little cayenne pepper, and any others to your taste.
Let cook for a few more minutes in pan.

Drain noodles, then plop them right in the pan with the veggies.

Stir together, so that the noodles soak up the liquid.

You don't have to eat these with chopsticks, but it sure does make it more fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment