Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More apple recipes...Apple Cider!

With the cold weather coming in, I have been craving hot apple cider. Up until now, I've been used to dumping a little carton of yummy (yet sugar-filled) mix into my apple cider. Since I'm trying to avoid the extra sugar, I decided to experiment with my own. Hence, I have created (from combining various recipes) my own sugar free, gluten free Apple Cider...and it's yummy!!


You can also sweeten your mug with agave nectar, if you want, but I liked it just as well plain.

Melt 1 can of 100% apple juice concentrate in the microwave or over the stove. Put in a large saucepan (that holds at least 2 quarts) and fill with water. Add:
1T. + 2t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. ground nutmeg

Stir, and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes or longer. The longer it simmers, the better it is. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful...or at least with a good hot cup of cider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment